prep Total Min Serving
30 min 40 min 18
Nothing says home like the smell of baking. When it comes with nutrients , it makes the food enjoyable and healthy. Using whole wheat flour and coconut sugar gives cookies a caramelized and chewy texture.
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate cookies
- 1/2 cup nuts of choice
The word cookie comes from the Dutch word for cake, “koekje”. The first cookies were actually tiny cakes baked as a test to make sure that the oven temperature was right for baking a larger cake.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir flour, salt and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- In a small brown, mix 2 tbsps of the dry ingredients with the chocolate chips and nuts and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, and then add coconut sugar gradually beating until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned. Cool before removing from pan and serve.
Its a great tea time snacks and also guilt free snack for kids.